Quotes that made me sit up and listen...

Last week on holiday I heard these two quotes. The one was on TV (something we don't have at home) and the other on the radio and I think they are both profound.

The one went something like this: I don't feel that I'm in ...'s (insert famous TV personality's name) shadow, I bask in his/her light. You know what if you are comfortable with who you are other people's light reflects off you in a good way. You will always meet someone that is skinnier than you, prettier than you, richer than you - if you are happy with you, then all of that doesn't matter". How true?! This is something I want to impart to the young Princes: Be happy with you.

Bloom where you are planted
The other was during an interview with a past Idols winner. A very genuine, likable guy that I'm glad I had the privilege to see perform live in concert. The interview was closed with these words by the presenter: "You sir, are a gentleman". Aren't those some of the most awesome words a stranger could ever say to a young man? What a well deserved compliment.

So, I leave you with two questions: What something makes someone a gentleman (or lady), so much so that a stranger picks up on it and feels compelled to comment? And, are you happy with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment