Double Blessing

I clearly remember that day when we were told that we were expecting twins. The sonogram was a birthday gift (we had no medical aid) and hadn't had any until then. I was nearly 28 weeks pregnant. I remember the disbelief, the excitement, the shock, the elation, the fear ...and the peace. I recalled the dreams - had He not been telling me for weeks? 



Princes 3 and 2...


...2 and 3

One compassionate and kind - the peacemaker and bridge-builder. The other competitive and driven - the voice of logic and reason, the one that cannot let a wrong go by unnoticed.


In November it will be 16 years ago that they changed my life forever - made it more complicated, more fulfilling, more challenging, more beautiful.


They make me laugh, they make make me ponder - they make me proud! 


They engage me, they challenge me, they serve me, they delight me - they have changed me, they have changed my world.


By God's amazing grace they display maturity beyond their age. They are perceptive, gracious, patient and thankful. 


They pay attention to detail, delight in the little things, appreciate the small mercies.


They harbour no resentment and make no demands.


 They are motivated and wise beyond their years.


They are my double blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adelle en familie.. great post.. well done! We used to caravan in Gonubie with Jannie/Elna MANY years ago.. Jean/Francois and girls.. wonderful to see your family such a blessing.. I've subscribed so you'll keep me motivated.. hugs from Brisbane and us.. Jean and Francois

    ReplyDelete