My Inspiration!

Books, blogs, websites and my birds! And a few magazines on the side (I sadly have a slight addiction to gardening & home mags - not good for the budget and a little embarrassing considering that frugality is a goal). Interesting how "going-green" and organic have become buzz words and how food-gardening, potagers and heirloom seeds have become the topics of choice recently!

My parrots (Joe and Lola) need to eat raw (organic if possible) fruit & veg daily. They have also introduced me to "sprouting" as it makes their grains, seeds & legumes more nutritious and digestible. I'm amazed at how they are able to get all their protein from plant sources - this got me thinking and has me tweaking our own meals to be less meat-based...



So here are some titles and links that have inspired me (other than magazine articles):
Lavender at Froggy Pond Farm by Patricia Wade
Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver
New Urban Farmer by Celia Brooks Brown
The Ripening Sun by Patricia Atkinson
Extra Virgin by Annie Hawes
These last two titles are a little unconventional reading, but inspiring non the less ;-)
The website Path To Freedom (below is a short video clip that tells it all!)


and then also Wendy's Blog: Urban Homestead South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment