Our First Day in Stellenbosch


Welgevonden Estate
The King of Avalon's brother and delightful little family live here. They have graciously opened their home to us and are going the extra mile to make us feel welcome and entertained! The architecture and view of the vineyards makes me sigh and sigh again...

 

Supa Spidaman


The Toy Museum
Prince 1 looking at old, old little............ CARS of course!


Oom Salie se Winkel
Loved this little place though the Princes couldn't handle the smell (think it can be attributed to the rolls of chewing tobacco, huge open flour bags of spices and bokoms (dried fish similar to biltong aka jerky)! It's a general dealer cum mini museum cum antique shop (many old items are for sale) cum curio shop cum delicatessen! We spent over an hour just absorbing (yes, pun intended!)...


Enjoying Slow Food @ Melissa's


and finally 
"I'll buy you the world"
When the Princes found a R5 Store locally also called a Chinashop they thought they had found heaven! I was looking for a new Journal in a bookshop across the alley when they came running to tell me that they had found me something for school and so they bought me the world. Many little worlds in fact. Enough for every two of my little learners to share next year. And I smile, I am grateful...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love Oom Salie se Winkel :) Looks like you're having a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete